There is a Slides custom post type which is where you create and manage your sliders. Creating a slider is a simple process, just click the "Sliders" link in the admin sidebar, give the slider a title and a description (optional) and click the "add new slider" button. On the edit screen of every page you will find all the created sliders in the "Slider" drop down list.
A slider is no good without slides to fill it. Creating slides is as easy as creating the slider itself.
- Click the the "Add New" link under the Slides heading in the admin sidebar.
- Give the slide a Title so you can tell it a part from the other slides you have on your website.
- Any text content you want on the slide you can add to the content editor. You can also use styling shortcodes such as [button] and [[dropcap]].
- Below the content editor you will find the Slide options where you can choose which layout the slide should use and whether or not to have a video embedded in the slide.
- If you want to have an image on the slide rather than a video just click the "Set featured image" link an upload the image. Images used in slides are automatically re-sized to fit the slide layout you select.
- Finally, assign the slide to one or more of the sliders on your website by typing the name of the slider in the "Sliders" text box.